Friday 13 May 2016

Week 2 reflection

This week we have been doing some Anzac work and I did a word cloud about the soldiers. 
I found it a bit hard to come up with all the ideas but it became easier to do once you get into it.  
WALT: Use words to describe the soldiers.  
 If you don't know how to get onto word cloud click here 


I also did a letter home I did two days they were Monday and Tuesday
I think I did well. 
WALT: To write a detailed letter home when you are a solider.
I learnt how soldiers survived during the war. So is the start of my story.



Monday. Hello I am at  war my name is Alex I am writing home I am sore and I hate myself for going to war I am in a mountain I am 21 years old I am living in a mountain I will die soon please don't be mad I will live I will meet you home good bye I will write home on tuesday
Tuesday I am on my last breaths I've been here for 2 years i am going to die. This isn't your father

Its a soldier he's dead...

I also did a time slide for maths. I created it for my time work. I learnt to read analogue time properly it was fun 
so here it is.
WALT: To make a slide about time.
I haven't finished it so I have selected 1 slide and showed it to you all.



We are also reading a book called Charlotte's web. So far it is cool we have had to research all about spiders.
WALT:To research about spiders and then write a report.




FOOD
Spiders eat flies well don't eat they drink the blood from the flies. They also drink lots of different kinds of insects. Sometimes when they are hunting for food or exploring they sometimes find dead spiders and they wrap the dead spider up and take 7the spider to the web to eat them after they have stuck them to the web and then they drink the blood of the spider. Hou hou grubs are slimy but they have lots of blood for the alive spider to drink their blood they wrap up the ho hou grup they put it in the web and drink the blood. Their are some gross things that spiders eat like bugs yuck they wrap the bug up the the web and  drink the blood after they knock them out so they don't feel anything then they drink the blood same with every bit of there food.


APPEARANCE
Spiders can look different they can be black. Some are black or light or dark colors. Most spiders have hairy legs some have no hair at all but most have hairy legs. An example some have 4000 hairs on their whole body. Some have red backs. Example there are over 4000 different species.


LIFE CYCLE
The spider starts as an egg they stay an egg  for about 4 to 6 weeks. Then they can start as  a kid they stay a kid for 1 year then turn into a adult that's a short life cycle but it's cool the adult spider lays more eggs to make more spiders which makes the life cycle keep going.


THE END 
                                  











2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex co i like you putting your Walt in every point and you have a lot of work and you've had a week off kahpi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex you have good titles and labels i liked how you put a Walt on every activity you have on your reflection
    you earned 40$

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.