Friday 19 August 2016

Book Week 2016

What is Book Character day 
Do you know what book week is? Well if you don't here is what it is. Book week is when we all dress up and then in the hall we introduce who we are. I was a gorilla from Tarzan there were lot's of other people. I think  next week I can put a bit more effort into my costume. But the day of fun hasn't ended yet. The teachers dressed up as people from harry potter it was so cool. 

Door display
Do you decorate your door? well we do for school and since we have 2 classes we can have 2 door designs. We are doing charlie and the chocolate factory And the BFG. The BFG stands for big friendly giant which a giant that is friendly is so cool there is a book and movie and that's the same with charlie and the chocolate factory. We have gathered lots of stuff for our door and we are making it look fabulous.


Golden tickets 
If you don't know what the golden tickets are they are gold pieces of paper that have been lamented and hidden around the school there is one a day. Whoever found the golden ticket got a stack of books. I really wanted some books but I didn't get any but at least I tried.


Buddy reading  
On Tuesday Our buddies came and we were reading books to each other. Some books were to hard for the little kids so we had to choose a different book. Our buddies are from room 6 and room 15. My buddy was from room 6.  


Worms!
Worms not real worms gummy worms. So this is what the worms are so when you got a book out you got to guess how many worms there are in the jar. If you got it right you would get the worms. I guessed 152 I hope I get it right.


Chalk
Do you draw on the ground? with chalk well at school for lunch time if you wanted you could draw on the ground. I did but I did it with my friends we made a love heart with Jordan in it because she was sick and passed away and we signed it with our names in it. but its sad she is dead.  I did the chalk with Dylan, Rikki-lee, Wyatt and of course me Alex.                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.